HIGH SCHOOL athletes who have benefited from a dip into the NFL gene pool:
• JULIANN FAUCETTE, Westview (San Diego), volleyball. The 6'2" senior, whose father, Chuck, played linebacker for the Chargers, is the nation's No. 2 recruit.
• CAMERON HEYWARD, Peachtree Ridge (Suwanee, Ga.), football. The 6'6", 280-pound defensive tackle, whose father is the late Craig (Ironhead) Heyward, is considering Florida, Georgia, LSU and Ohio State.
• TRE' NEWTON, Southlake (Texas) Carroll, football. The junior running back (left), son of former Cowboy Nate Newton, led the Dragons to the Texas Class 5A, Division I state title.
• REGINA ROGERS, Chief Sealth (Seattle), basketball. The 6'4" center, daughter of former Detroit defensive end Reggie Rogers, will play for UCLA.
• MARC TYLER, Oaks Christian (Westlake Village, Calif.), football. A running back like his father, former Ram and 49er Wendell, the heavily recruited Tyler will attend USC.
VERNON BRYANT/DALLAS MORNING NEWS (NEWTON)