1. BALCO raider
4. Pitchers get four days of it
8. Infield ___ rule
11. Tigers great Trammell
12. Area equals radius squared multiplied by 3.14159265, ___
13. Nothing across
14. Won it in '67
16. They deliver
17. Between Tinker and Chance
18. What a wrestler wears
20. The Greatest
22. Canadiens' eight-time Stanley Cup (right) winning coach, Blake
23. What catchers give pitchers
27. Has MLB's longest-running playoff streak
31. Middle-earth villain
32. First name, as it were, of ex--Red Sox Boyd
34. You've Got Mail org.
35. Michael Jordan's (left) was famous
38. Won it in '79
41. April is its cruelest month?
43. Softball great Richardson
44. Won it in '97
48. Oriole Melvin and coach Jim
52. Pitcher's stat
53. Never won it
55. Fox Sports' McCarver
56. Blood's foe
58. Dubbed in Spanish
59. Tickle him?
60. ___ me root, root, root ...
1. Flava's last name
2. Hand you might use to field a bunt
3. How rookies sometimes appear, when hazed
4. Cey, the 1981 Series co-MVP
5. Dead Ball, Modern, Steroid, e.g.'s
6. Outcome of some doubleheaders
7. It isn't, poetically
8. Not fair
9. Run like a centerfielder (right)
10. Brewers' manager until Sept. 15, 2008
11. Hamels (top) or Halladay, e.g.
15. Home to Gilligan (right)
19. Defunct compact car brand
21. O.J.'s judge in '95
23. After Tinker and before Chance
24. Fly ball's path
25. Onetime giant in radio tech.
26. One way to nurse a cold one
28. Herzog, who managed '82 champs: the White___
29. Old-time pitcher, Preacher
30. Golfer Ernie
36. Wayne or Abner
37. Fielder in Milwaukee
39. The Cowboys' leading man
40. Without a key
42. Angry look
44. Won it in '86
45. What a diva (left) might sing
46. Knievel (right) prop
47. Puts a charge into rehab.
49. Scout's report on a top prospect?
51. Dir. to travel from Boston to Philadelphia
54. Google's was much anticipated (abbr.)
Rearrange the letters in the tan squares to answer this question: What would any postseason baseball player like to be called?
Turn the page for solutions to the crossword and the descrambler.
PUZZLE BY KOSTYA KENNEDY
AL TIELEMANS (HAMELS)
MICHAEL IVINS/BOSTON RED SOX (TROPHY)
ROGERS PHOTO ARCHIVE/GETTY IMAGES (DIMAGGIO)
EVERETT COLLECTION (GILLIGAN)
MICHAEL NORRIS/ICON SMI (ROBBIE KNIEVEL)
ANDREAS RENTZ/GETTY IMAGES (OPERA SINGER)
DAVID E. KLUTHO (STANLEY CUP)
JOHN W. MCDONOUGH (JORDAN)